• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor Pan options

kip60

I'm second owner of '70 302 3 speed on the tree. Have previously done a muscle car restoration. Trying to restore back to factory is the goal for the most part on them. I've been perusing the forum archives and it seems that with the EB's, maybe factory isn't as important as in muscle cars. That being said, I'm needing to replace the front floor pans at some point. I see from what's left under the original floor mat that there was a seam in the crease from the firewall to the floor where the 2 pieces were spot welded together. Aftermarket replacements seem to have 2 or 3 options available. Some with no seam, some with seam. Others, whole floors. My question is, are the no seam ones better because that is obviously a horrible place for a seam, and/or less seams the better? Or do I go back with seamed replacement to be original. Want to try to make needed repairs while keeping value of the Classic at the same time.
Thanks for your input.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The answer to that is relative to what you want your Bronco for.

Unless you are intending to enter it in some sort of "Concours d'Elegance" type of car show where it will be judged strictly on authenticity or selling it as absolutely stock original, it probably will not matter, after all most people cover the floor with a mat or carpet.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I chose the pans that have the toe board on them. A seam where those meet just seemed like a bad idea to me. I got mine from Toms and very happy with them.