• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor pans and body parts to order

bteutsch

I guess it's up to you, but I used the oem style ribbed floor pans, also used the oem rockers.. Got mine from bronco graveyard.. I have pictures of mine installed if you would like to see them.,

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Thanks guys. I like the place up in ks. Might have to take a road trip. I just wasn't for sure if the aftermarket parts would fit ok. I guess a good body guy would make it work any how.

If u don't mine I would love to see some pics. Teamhollowayenidracing@yahoo.com

backpain

Bronco Guru
. . . I guess a good body guy would make it work any how. . . .

. . . not necessarily for $10/hr unless he's a good friend or really enjoys EBs. There really are some alignment things that can go wrong with floors coming out and replacing door posts.

You may want to stay really involved, and understand how he's going to do it, what measurements and checks he'll make, etc. unless you already know his work on other old cars.

Of course, this only matters to the extent it impact your needs - fit/finish quality, how well things are lined up as it sits today, whether you will be running doors, top, etc.

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

. . . not necessarily for $10/hr unless he's a good friend or really enjoys EBs. There really are some alignment things that can go wrong with floors coming out and replacing door posts.

You may want to stay really involved, and understand how he's going to do it, what measurements and checks he'll make, etc. unless you already know his work on other old cars.

Of course, this only matters to the extent it impact your needs - fit/finish quality, how well things are lined up as it sits today, whether you will be running doors, top, etc.

I want it to be as close to stock as possible. I plan to run stock doors, fenders, and top. The body guy is really good and he is a good friend.

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

I know how everyone loves pictures, so I snapped a few. Maybe someone can pick up on something I missed.

bronco rocker and other rust spots 001.jpg

bronco rocker and other rust spots 005.jpg

bronco rocker and other rust spots 006.jpg

bronco rocker and other rust spots 007.jpg

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Oh, it all can be replaced. The whole inner clip on mine is new along with the Hinge post on the Driver side, both driver and passinger floor pans but a word of caution... Don't forget things like the E-Brake cable hole. See pic's.

Attachments

• 0117111213b.jpg
    0117111213b.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 0117111213c.jpg
    0117111213c.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 45

crews44

Loc.
Mullica Hill, NJ
USe the OEM rockers. i just replaced both of mine and the fit to the rear quater was not the best....not really anything a body guys can fix that easy....they actually come out about a 1/4" farther than rear quaters....not to happy bout it

My understand is the OEMs are a lot better...hope this helps

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Here is a helpful hint for you when you're cutting some of the body panels out. Not sure if you need to replace a hinge strike area but I tacked in a support before cutting out the old panel. See pic.

I included shots showing the total new inner panels plus the passanger side hinge structure as well.. Had forgotten we had replaced that as well.

Edit: My bad on those pic's needed to edit them...

Attachments

• 01-17-2011 09;14;14PM.jpg
    01-17-2011 09;14;14PM.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 01-17-2011 09;16;12PM.jpg
    01-17-2011 09;16;12PM.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 01-17-2011 09;18;18PM.jpg
    01-17-2011 09;18;18PM.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 01-17-2011 09;19;27PM.jpg
    01-17-2011 09;19;27PM.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Thank u guys so much. So what if I went with oem rocker but aftermarket inner.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
The flat inner panel went in first, then the hinge panel went in second, if that is what you are asking. There are no other parts in there, so which ever you're looking for ( I don't exactly follow your questioning) it has to be on of the two.

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

The flat inner panel went in first, then the hinge panel went in second, if that is what you are asking. There are no other parts in there, so which ever you're looking for ( I don't exactly follow your questioning) it has to be on of the two.

Hinge panel. I thought the kicker panel was part of the hinge panel. It makes sense now. Who carries that hinge panel.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Also is this part that is connected to the driver side post part of the kicker panel. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=193737&d=1295317344

Yes. The piece you show extends from the inner fender and is part of the kick panel, a structural part for the door post and also overlaps with the inner rocker. While not terribly difficult to cut from a sheet, it would be easier to buy it.

You know, JBG sells all these parts. They also sell the cowl replacement piece. I am sure you buddy has some experience bending and forming sheetmetal, but most of these parts are really not that expensive...you would likely be doing him a favor by ordering the cowl pieces too.

$10 an hour is awesome...BTW. Must be a good friend. Good luck with the surgery.

white64

Loc.
Pittston, Maine
alignment of the door hinge post is crucial, everything hangs off that it seems... the door, which has to align with the rear fender/the windshield frame/and the roof. The rear of the front fender, the kick panel on the drivers side, which attaches to the firewall/cowl which in turn aligns the top of the fender in relation to the hood. And the rocker panel which attaches to the bottom of the post... measure, measure again & tack first!

I had to remove a door post due to it being 1/2" high and 1/4" outboard. When you looked down the side of the truck the post made the entire side look crooked and the crooked body seams and the side ridge sculpting made it very obvious. And the door struck the roof on the lowest adjusment. Just have all the parts there and take time to check and recheck.