• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

floor pans FIRST TRY.

andres

these are the first floor pans made by me, well they are far from perfect but better than the flat sheet here typically using Emoticono smile I hope to find a better and faster way of making them because I hope to make more for my projects and also to sell for bronco owners here in Colombia.

OP
OP
A

andres

hahaha thanks BluebroncoNC was more difficult than I thought, many sheets of metal were sacrificed in the process. Lol It was an afternoon of sweat and tears

jeff_gates

What's so hard, I seen them do it on TV in 10 minuets. but really, they look great.

--Jeff

OP
OP
A

andres

Superb skills!!, Deberias filmar el proceso y bajarlo a You-tube.

gracias fue mas persistencia que habilidades jajajaaj la verdad no grave, de echo casi no tomo fotos tenia las manos super ocupadas y engrasadas la verdad la bead roller me dio bastante batalla.

(Thanks was more persistence than skills hahahaha the truth is that I dont do a video in fact almost did not take pictures, B/C have super busy and dirty my hands, the bead roller gave fight)

jpw

Made mine out of 16 gauge galv 20 plus years ago and they're still solid but they don't look near as nice as that, awesome job!

J

OP
OP
A

andres

Thaks J I try as best I could but now I'm thinking of making a die and using a hydraulic press the bead roller is ok for an afternoon but is hard to go straight :) today I was quoting the price of making the die, I can do the press but the die is other thing

jpw

for the die I would experiment with upper and lower plates of three quarter or better with flat bar spaced out on the bottom and solid rod on the top. For experimentation you could probably get away with just tacking it together and not worry about shaping the ends until you see how it forms up. It's going to take a really good size press though. I'll try and post up a sketch later on.

J

jpw

not much of an artist but hopefully you get the idea. I would make the first one really rough, cutting torch is likely good enough for bottom and top, can use flat bar and solid rod with some pretty solid tacks to fine tune the spacing on the half inch flat bar and solid rod that form the groove. Then see how it works in the press. If it works good maybe you could fine tune it with multiple grooves.

J

Attachments

• 0624152203.jpg
    0624152203.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 52