• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

floor shifter locations

Loc.
Speedwell TN
column shifter is binding and becoming unsafe so i ordered a b&m floor shifter with a tall base. does any body have an opinion, pos or neg, where this should be located. yeah, i know options are few but if anybody has tried a spot that sucked, i'd really like to know about that. thanks

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
1059012497_b_m.jpg

1059012548_b_m1.jpg

1059012583_b_m2.jpg

1059012626_b_m3.jpg

1059012699_b_m4.jpg

Excuse the mess. Getting ready to line the tub.
I've got a Megashifter. This is a fairly decent easy solution. Last pic shows what it eventually looks like.
You could also mount to the right of the transfer case shifter/s on the tunnel, but I think that would look cheesy. I like have the shifter right were my hand and arm are at rest. The mount is just some scrap metal easy to make. I do need to move it in another 3/4 of an inch. I like it overall. Would like to go to a cleaner Lokar setup eventually.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
do a mock up before install then sit like your driving see where your right leg may lean against it and put it within reach I had a 70 with a 3 sp floor shifter the PO had installed and my right leg was always banging into it not very comfortable after a couple of hours

OP
OP

Loc.
Speedwell TN
auto-sorry bout that. thanks all. i will try it to the left of transfer and check the knee thing.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
It is not all that hard to rebuild the stock shifter assembly. I did mine a few weeks ago, a little grease, some JB weld, and everything is good as new. If I had it to do again, I would order the Rebuild kit from JBG or Wild Horses. (approx $105, if memory serves me). Some time and TLC can go a long way. I just don't want to cut any more sheet metal than I have to, and if I can avoid it all together, I will.