• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Folding down soft top with cage?

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
If I have an STC top, will it fold down with one of the family cages from Complete Offroad, Bronco Bobs, or Protofab? I guess the front bar on the STC top wouldn't fold down..........

What do you guys do with the soft top bars if you take the top off? Just leave them there flopping around? The soft top bars bolt on, so that would be a PIA to remove the bolts to remove the bars. Thoughts anyone?

Ryan.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Ryans71 said:
If I have an STC top, will it fold down with one of the family cages from Complete Offroad, Bronco Bobs, or Protofab? I guess the front bar on the STC top wouldn't fold down..........

What do you guys do with the soft top bars if you take the top off? Just leave them there flopping around? The soft top bars bolt on, so that would be a PIA to remove the bolts to remove the bars. Thoughts anyone?

Ryan.
I don't have one to look at but it seems like you could put pins in the bars at the mounting point and then add custom brackets if necessary to mount them to when they are down. I.E. Pull pins and then move them to storage brackets.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
It should fold down. as long as you have about 4 inches between your tailgate top and the cage. It goes over my Kentrol cage with plenty of room to spare. The back bar actually goes through a loop on the fabric of the top. so it's always attached. I fold mine up on top of the cage and lower it on to the tailgate bars and all. Then strap it up with a couple of cheap luggage straps. I'm thinking of putting in some pins to make it easier to take the whole thing off.

powersfab

Loc.
West Michigan
I replaced the bolts on both of the soft top tubes with 1/4" Linch pins from TRACTOR SUPPLY. Sppeds up removing top to