• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford 9 Inch Front Housing

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Looking to maybe build a 9 Inch front end for my Bronco. Anyone built one? What housing and ends did you use? What knuckles?

Standard center section or hi pinion?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Bc has the housing. I thought they offered em set up for either dana 44 or 60 knuckles out. Now it only shows one for 60 outers.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
https://www.westerndiff.com/ makes them. Owner says he makes them for BC as well.
Few things to keep in mind. Adds a little to the track width, the short side can only be so short and still have the brackets for the radius arm. Just slightly wider than stock. The big one for me is the low pinion. Being custom built it is easy enough to get the pinion clocked up, but the CV is still a steep angle as the pinion is lower. but there are aftermarket high pinion options for the 9".