• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford films -73 & 66 Broncos

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It looks like it was made in the North Scottsdale, AZ area.

It even had a shot of a utility truck being used by the Salt River Project (a local water/irrigation company).

Bingo - most of it is in the Cave Creek/Carefree area. The river stuff is the Verde - probably near Needle Rock.

Todd Z.

BroncoBilly69

Loc.
Whiskeytown Ca
Wasn't aware that, according to the video, 1973 was the first year the auto trans and power steering were added. Not only a treat to watch an original promo of a stock Bronco "in the wild" but it also gives a lot of historical info as to what the Bronco's designers/engineers were thinking...Al that was missing in the video was the Cleaver family doing a little weekend, lite-weight 4 wheelin....

1970 Palmer

Bingo - most of it is in the Cave Creek/Carefree area. The river stuff is the Verde - probably near Needle Rock.

Todd Z.

LOL, I bet they could not get a permit to "reshoot" that film in the same area today. The Desert Mountain development, and the Boulders Golf Club are pretty exclusive areas today. That was a perfect area for four wheeling, and Hodaka riding in the 1960's.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
LOL, I bet they could not get a permit to "reshoot" that film in the same area today. The Desert Mountain development, and the Boulders Golf Club are pretty exclusive areas today. That was a perfect area for four wheeling, and Hodaka riding in the 1960's.

Yeah- I was thinking the same thing! Particularly the water driving scenes. The big wide wash where he was driving around looks familiar too - there used to be (maybe still there) a road off the Bartlett Lake road (not Camp Creek Wash) that had a big wide area like that. I was last there almost 25 years ago so I don't know if it's open anymore or not.

Todd Z.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
The new Bronco commercials probably won't show anybody shooting their game and hauling it out on the hood either ;D

OP
OP
El Kabong

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Maybe that's what those loops on the fenders are for. ;D

Justin Palmer

Contributor
I can’t put my finger in why I like this video so much..

Attachments

• 0F298981-B8BD-453B-B783-6CA1D7BA6BE1.jpg
    0F298981-B8BD-453B-B783-6CA1D7BA6BE1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 35

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I liked the part in the 66 commercial where the bronco driver turns around to help the lady in a broke down Chevrolet !

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpg
    IMG_4842.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 16

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sure makes me want to get one;D. Shows the tire cover that was discussed in another thread that has just “Ford Bronco” without the bucking horse.

OP
OP
El Kabong

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
That was great! Now how do I go back to 1966 lol??

That's getting pretty difficult to do. DeLoreans are harder to find these days, & with Radio Shack gone who knows where to get a flux capacitor anymore.

1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That's getting pretty difficult to do. DeLoreans are harder to find these days, & with Radio Shack gone who knows where to get a flux capacitor anymore.

1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg

There's a Delorean 25 miles from my house, no flux capacitor though dang it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, definitely a little harder to find these days