• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Hydraulic Clutch Tech Info

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
Just an FYI on the Ford Hydraulic Master cylinder bore sizes.

1991 & 1992 Horizontal hose fitting 7/8"(.875) bore
1993 - 1996 Vertical hose firtting 18mm (.708) bore

The 7/8" bore in my opinion is way too stiff.
The 18mm can be found in both plastic and aluminum housings.
#CM350032- Tru Torque- Aluminum-Advance Auto- 56.00
#CM350032- Bendix/ Brake Best- Plastic- O'reilly- 46.00

Wilwood is an excellent alternative if so inclined.

Edge

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I used a 3/4 Wilwood with the fitting on the top. It's a puny clutch master so it doesn't interfere with the power brake booster. The clutch in mine is perfect now. I think going any smaller with a diaphragm-style pressure plate would make the clutch too soft.

jpoore

Loc.
San Jose, CA
I've got the 3/4" Wilwwod on a stock style long and it doesn't seem to be enough, plus the petal is way too soft (feels like a Honda).

A firm petal says to me "I'm a heavy duty, bad ass clutch only suitable for manly men." Not really rationale, I know......

JP