• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford missed the boat on the Bronco II

mebco09

Ill probably get flamed for this as blasphemy, but had Ford built the Bronco II like this one, it might be a viable alternative to an EB.

Removable top and similar dimensions to an EB.

I am sure this one is a hack job though...

Attachments

• chopped bronco.jpg
    chopped bronco.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 329

maverickconner

Hey at super cell west last year they had a white Bronco II that was bad ass, it was cut also but definitely not a hack job

But folks are calling the Bronco sport the new Bronco II

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I had one I stuffed a GT 302 in it....that truck was a blast to drive!

Attachments

• enhance-_8_.jpg
    enhance-_8_.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 196

Lawndart

Loc.
Ill probably get flamed for this as blasphemy, but had Ford built the Bronco II like this one, it might be a viable alternative to an EB.

There was one on eBay last year similar to the one you posted. I wanted it, but was outbid. Certainly what they should have done. Maybe a nice inline 6 as well. The 2.9 was a mess.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

lol, different strokes for diff folks right...

EPB72

Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
LOL��....Barrett Jackson’s Steve Magante called the 78 bronco a bronco 2 had to listen twice... Haven’t looked in a while but james duff in the 90’s had there swap/suspension parts for broncoII and rangers..

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's one I spotted on Maui, it's got James Duff suspension parts :) Dude put a 5.0 in it, says he wished he put all that money int a EB instead.
I told him he has something unique and it looks very off-road capable. He said, oh yeah, it'll go just about anywhere. When he started it up, it sounded badass.

Attachments

• 20200129_145619.jpg
    20200129_145619.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 20200129_145638.jpg
    20200129_145638.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 107

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL....Barrett Jackson’s Steve Magante called the 78 bronco a bronco 2 had to listen twice... Haven’t looked in a while but james duff in the 90’s had there swap/suspension parts for broncoII and rangers..

they need some smarter peeps behind them microphones sometimes LOL

anoblefox

Contributor
If Steve flubbed up on this one I for one am surprised. That man is one walking automotive encyclopedia. I met him in person. His Junkyard Gold program is proof, check it out.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I think Ford was being driven by different requirements in the 80’s when this came out. And this led to the explorer if I remember correctly, which must have been a cash cow for them(and likely still is)

Certainly a removable top is part of all our lists, as is solid axles and v8 power but I think they were likely fighting fuel efficiencies etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I think Ford was being driven by different requirements in the 80’s when this came out. And this led to the explorer if I remember correctly, which must have been a cash cow for them(and likely still is)

Certainly a removable top is part of all our lists, as is solid axles and v8 power but I think they were likely fighting fuel efficiencies etc.

that's for sure brother..

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Here in the NW, there are lots of Bronco IIs running around with solid front axles and V8 conversions.
Lots of other cool conversions running around here too since WA has stopped emission testing altogether.
I forgot... There are a lot of nice converted Ranger pickups here too.

Last edited by a moderator:

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Couple years ago I was elk hunting in the mountains and ran across one repeatedly It seemed to be handling deep snow and grades pretty well considering. At the time they were made, the anti SUV people were saying the Bronco IIs were unsafe as a result of role overs. I found a test then, that found EBs were safer.