• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Racing rear disk brake kit

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
I saw this in my Summit catalog , will it work on our Broncos ??http://store.summitracing.com/defau...100&Ntk=PartSearch&Ntt=fms-m-2300-g&x=19&y=15

The web site has little info but the catalog reads .....

11" inch rotors with 5-hole 4.5" diameter bolt pattern , calipers , mounting brackets to fit ford 8.8" truck/9" late Ford axles , big 3.15" bearings and hardware .... $394.95 .

It seems it would fit given you have the large bearing rear end ??????

68ford

Bronco Guru
need to make sure of your axle offset. it will probably work 76 and newer 9in, but not ealier because the axle has less offset because the drums were only 1.75 not 2.25 wide.

Brewbro21

My 90 GT with an 8.8 has a 4 bolt pattern. I think all 8.8 in the stangs had 4.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
That kit is the Explorer Motorsports kit. I.E. It is the rear disk brakes for an Explorer from about 96 to 01. It will work and is identical to the kit sold many other places and referred to as the Explorer rear disk conversion. To use it on the EB requires the rotor pattern change to 5 x 5 1/2 which costs about $35 (Included in the cost of the kit some places) and may require new axles with the correct offset. The axles also need access holes for the retaining bolts which might cost extra if you get new or if yours do not have them. (About $25 to add it) The backing plate bolts up directly to the medium bearing housing. (Which is really a big bearing with smaller retaining bolts) For other Big Bearing housings the backing plate can be drilled for that pattern. Dutchman charges an extra $35 to do this. FWIW, I have the kit which I got from Dutchman "http://www.dutchmanms.com/ " along with new axles sitting here on the floor. (It even has the same part number) The base kit there which is identical to that is $390. Then the pattern change etc. is added to that cost since they do more than just Ford 9" stuff. I.E. Some will not need it or will need different patterns.
Larger pattern on backing plate: $35
Holes in axles: $25
Pattern change on rotors: $35
Dutchman includes the required preload spacer to go with the backing plate to compensate for the thicker Backing plate as well which might not be in that kit. (They charge $20 for it otherwise) If the axles are also ordered from them they will also put it on the axle since it needs to be installed before the bearing.