• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Said to Weigh Return of Bronco, Ranger Output to U.S.

tinytim02

Contributor
Just saw this on Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-production-to-u-s-?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618

"The new Bronco will be a mid-sized SUV, like the Explorer, the person said. It will be built on a pickup frame, making it tougher than the Explorer, according to the person.

“The only way this makes sense is if it is more rugged and likely targeted at Jeep,” said Jeff Schuster, an analyst at consultant LMC Automotive in Southfield, Michigan."

Nothing for sure yet, but at least they are talking about it!!!

Attac

Contributor
Ok,
I am not a professional marketing person but I have seen that when dodge brought out the retro challenger and Ford used styling from classic mustangs on their new models that consumers went crazy for them. Seeing how most think us Bronco guys are crazy anyway wouldn't it make sense for ford to do a retro ranger package Bronco. New fuel injected v8, auto od, AC. It just makes sense to me....But then again I'm Crazy....

Nathan43

Loc.
Provencal, Louisiana
I'd keep buying ebs instead of buying new. Think of how many you could buy! Or how nice of one you could restore.

In my 2cents I don't think they will be near as good as what people are hoping.:-[

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
Short wheelbase, off-road capable out of the box to compete against the 2dr Wrangler.
You know they are going to kill it with an Ecoboost 6 cyl. and IFS, spending way too much on golly gee gizmowidgets. If they get it tight, there will be aftermarket support that would rival Jeep in a few years.
A small Raptor concept, not a Explorer or Escape.

And as stated for the past 12 years, I'll believe it when I see it.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
At this point I'd about rather they didn't make a new Bronco, better that than they screw it up as badly as I expect them to.

You know that they will think SUV not sports car and to them SUV means four door and soccer mom grocery-getter/troop carrier.
Oh, and loaded with useless bling.

The auto companies build "muscle cars" with traction "control" that prevents laying rubber.

They just don't get it.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
At this point I'd about rather they didn't make a new Bronco, better that than they screw it up as badly as I expect them to.

You know that they will think SUV not sports car and to them SUV means four door and soccer mom grocery-getter/troop carrier.

The auto companies build "muscle cars" with traction "control" that prevents laying rubber.

They just don't get it.

You clearly haven't driven a new Mustang. Not only can you turn off traction control whenever you want to, you can adjust the shifting patterns to more aggressive settings and if properly equipped AND you want to use it, you have electronic line-lock and launch control assist which helps a bone stock Mustang GT pull sub-13 second 1/4-mile runs and 0-60 in 4.3 seconds (previously GT500 territory just a few years ago).

Nevermind the fact that a base V6 model Mustang today has more power than the Mustang Cobra of 15 years ago AND gets twice the mileage.

Unfortunately - I think if it DOES happen (new Bronco) - there is no way to satisfy everyone.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I could never understand why one of the three automakers doesn't come out with a true retro car. Can you imagine the sales Ford would do if they came out with a body exactly like a 66 Mustang but with the safety of a unibody and the drivetrain, suspension, and interior of a modern car. Whether it be a Mustang, Camaro, Charger, it doesn't matter they would no doubt sell big.

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
You clearly haven't driven a new Mustang. Not only can you turn off traction control whenever you want to, you can adjust the shifting patterns to more aggressive settings and if properly equipped AND you want to use it, you have electronic line-lock and launch control assist which helps a bone stock Mustang GT pull sub-13 second 1/4-mile runs and 0-60 in 4.3 seconds (previously GT500 territory just a few years ago).

X2 - I have a new Mustang GT. Fricken awesome. I love it.

No comment on the Bronco....;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJqCNNmp8zI

sriha

They just don't get it.

They put all that safety crap in to appease the government and to protect the morons who do not know how to handle a vehicle. Its possible to turn most if not all nannies off but a PITA in certain vehicles.

turbotim2

The difference between the Mustang and trying to build a retro Bronco is the Mustang is built on an existing shared platform and has steadily evolved. To build a Bronco to compete with Jeep they would have to create a new platform. They won't do that so it will be placed on a car platform like the explorer and it will be dumb just like Toyotas failure a few years ago.