• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Said to Weigh Return of Bronco, Ranger Output to U.S.

ransil

Bronco Guru
They put all that safety crap in to appease the government and to protect the morons who do not know how to handle a vehicle. Its possible to turn most if not all nannies off but a PITA in certain vehicles.

found your morons

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/26/us-autos-ignition-lawsuit-idUSKCN0QV1PH20150826

'Ten of the world's biggest automakers were sued on Wednesday by U.S. consumers who claim they concealed the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in more than 5 million vehicles equipped with keyless ignitions, leading to 13 deaths.

According to the complaint filed in federal court in Los Angeles, carbon monoxide is emitted when drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off.

The 28 named plaintiffs said this can injure or have "deadly" results for people who inhale the colorless and odorless gas, including when vehicles are left in garages attached to homes. They also said the defect reduces their vehicles' resale values.

A keyless ignition lets a driver start a vehicle by pushing an on-off button, instead of inserting a key, once the vehicle senses the presence of a nearby electronic fob."

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
I'd be in either one of two ways: BOF small Jeep fighter ORRRR chopped F150 chassis big boy. I had a 93 and a 95 and I loved my big ol' tanks too just like I love me EB :cool:

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
found your morons

Umm. Yeah.

I'm with sstlaure, traction control can be turned off and some of the track features are quite fun. But then again I've laid rubber on hard accel with the traction control still on just not the tire melting result you get without it.

I would hope they don't remake the Bronco for fear that it would be too soccer mom-ish. I've always said they should've done it when they had the Land Rover d90 platform to work with.

JLBachs

There is a pretty good chance it would end up soccer mom-ish indeed. I can't abide with the retro cars anyway. I know there are a lot of people that buy and love them. I've heard that a lot of them have outstanding performance. It's just the idea that any poser that hasn't ruined his credit can have one. I don't have a rational explanation for my attitude, but I haven't been able to get it to change either. Seeing Mustangs around here is like seeing taxis in NYC. Can't imagine anyone wanting to see Broncos like that except the people profiting from them. I wouldn't want to have to pass fifty moms going to work in their new Broncos every day.

mattt

Bronco Guru
found your morons

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/26/us-autos-ignition-lawsuit-idUSKCN0QV1PH20150826

'Ten of the world's biggest automakers were sued on Wednesday by U.S. consumers who claim they concealed the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in more than 5 million vehicles equipped with keyless ignitions, leading to 13 deaths.

According to the complaint filed in federal court in Los Angeles, carbon monoxide is emitted when drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off.

The 28 named plaintiffs said this can injure or have "deadly" results for people who inhale the colorless and odorless gas, including when vehicles are left in garages attached to homes. They also said the defect reduces their vehicles' resale values.

A keyless ignition lets a driver start a vehicle by pushing an on-off button, instead of inserting a key, once the vehicle senses the presence of a nearby electronic fob."

Yep....and of course it's in CA, where Idiots Rule & too many sheep just follow the Progressive Asses around in what used to be a great state. Shameful attorneys bring cases like this....if I was a judge, I'd b*tch slap every shameful attorney who brought a frivolous suit into my courtroom.

As Mr. Currington says.....God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Ford will not build a Ranger or Bronco that any of us would want. If you got what you really want you will be pushing 50 grand, at that price no one will buy it. Best chance will be an Escape on a frame and 4wd chassis. Much more like a Subaru Forester. There is a market for that and they can meet fuel and safety standards, only other choice is a re-badged Explorer. Remember Ford doesn't have to do anything except safety and fuel standards they are making money, lots of it. All the new standards get in the way of making cars the people want. Adding a new gas hog V8 cripples their fleet averages. So dream if you wan't but all your going to get is a nightmare in the end.

Now get back to stopping the rust on the only real Bronco your going to get.

eBronc2

Contributor
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...-back-to-the-us/ar-BBm7nEe?ocid=ansmsnautos11

Yeah, I've seen a couple or reports on various sites.

Don't really care about the Ranger, but if they can come out with a serious competitor to the Jeep Wrangler, they'll sell.

Mid-size frame (no unibody bullshit), solid axles front and rear (no IFS/IRS bullshit), have a V8 available, don't make the damn thing look like crap, keep them simple, strong, and cheap.

Of course, that makes too much sense so they won't do it.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
There is a pretty good chance it would end up soccer mom-ish indeed. I can't abide with the retro cars anyway. I know there are a lot of people that buy and love them. I've heard that a lot of them have outstanding performance. It's just the idea that any poser that hasn't ruined his credit can have one. I don't have a rational explanation for my attitude, but I haven't been able to get it to change either. Seeing Mustangs around here is like seeing taxis in NYC. Can't imagine anyone wanting to see Broncos like that except the people profiting from them. I wouldn't want to have to pass fifty moms going to work in their new Broncos every day.

The popularity of a new Bronco would only increase the value of your original....just sayin.;D

JLBachs

The popularity of a new Bronco would only increase the value of your original....just sayin.;D

If it is made and has the quality of an EXP/Mercury Lynx, then what will the lack of popularity do for my Bronco?

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
If it is made and has the quality of an EXP/Mercury Lynx, then what will the lack of popularity do for my Bronco?

So you're comparing vehicle quality today to something made in 1984? Seriously?:p

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Yep....and of course it's in CA, where Idiots Rule & too many sheep just follow the Progressive Asses around in what used to be a great state. Shameful attorneys bring cases like this....if I was a judge, I'd b*tch slap every shameful attorney who brought a frivolous suit into my courtroom.

As Mr. Currington says.....God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy.

It's not just a California problem.

The idiot that sat in a sports car, put a hot cup of coffee between her legs, took the lid off, then drove over railroad tracks and around corners and won over a million dollars when she sued after she burned herself was in Ohio.

The fool who loaded all six chambers in a single action revolver and dropped it then sued and won over a million dollars when he shot himself was in Alaska.
(100 years after the design was introduced, 100 years after it became common safety practice to only load five leaving the chamber under the hammer empty)

JLBachs

So you're comparing vehicle quality today to something made in 1984? Seriously?:p

Perhaps it's a dated example, but I still believe it's possible for one of the big 3 to build a pos. That particular pos came to mind because of the moniker.
I guess when you consider the cylinder head issues with the old 2.9's in Bronco II's and an observation that an exorbitant amount of them have worked their way through the local boneyards and into the crusher, maybe a lackluster new Bronco would have no effect on originals?
Like I said, there's nothing rational about my attitude towards a new one, but it will take more than a potential value increase to persuade me to hop on the bandwagon.