• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Warranty Coverage

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I didn’t post this until I had a resolution from Ford, but here’s the story . . .

My AC blower went out while in Corpus Christi a few weeks ago - 104 degrees and probably 95% humidity! Bronco had just rolled 36K miles when it happened. Had to drive another 1000 miles back to Colorado before I could get it to a dealer. So when I took it in it was a little over 1000 miles out of factory warranty The dealer quoted me $800 to replace the blower as it was not covered. I contacted Ford through their rep on Bronco6g.com to see what if anything they would be willing to cover. Then at the dealership, the starter went out! They quoted me $500 for the starter! I OK’d both repairs because I needed the Bronco for Super Cel West - I had committed to lead a Gen6 trail ride.

Long story short, Ford stepped up and covered all but about $250 of the work. I was very happy with the result!

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I didn’t post this until I had a resolution from Ford, but here’s the story . . .

My AC blower went out while in Corpus Christi a few weeks ago - 104 degrees and probably 95% humidity! Bronco had just rolled 36K miles when it happened. Had to drive another 1000 miles back to Colorado before I could get it to a dealer. So when I took it in it was a little over 1000 miles out of factory warranty The dealer quoted me $800 to replace the blower as it was not covered. I contacted Ford through their rep on Bronco6g.com to see what if anything they would be willing to cover. Then at the dealership, the starter went out! They quoted me $500 for the starter! I OK’d both repairs because I needed the Bronco for Super Cel West - I had committed to lead a Gen6 trail ride.

Long story short, Ford stepped up and covered all but about $250 of the work. I was very happy with the result!
I glad to see that Ford stepped up for you being that close to your warranty ending.
The starter failure makes me wonder, folks been saying vehicles with the Auto-stop/start feature have a heavier duty starter.:cautious:
I try to remember to shut the Auto-stop/start off every time I get in it.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have auto stop start turned off by Forscan. It probably had 15000 miles on it before it was turned off. Dealer had to replace the starter twice. First replacement starter was bad. It took them over 2 weeks to complete the repairs waiting on parts.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Glad they were willing to do so. Mine is coming up on it's 3rd birthday in Feb, has 26k miles right now. I have roughly $900.00 of Ford points left, so I am going to buy a Ford 10yr/100k mile warranty, it's $2700. Cheap insurance I think, I believe it's 3k to replace the large screen on the radio. I just dropped mine off yesterday because the front camera stays blank and when in reverse randomly one of the other cameras will show up blank. Granger Ford sells their warranty for 50 bucks over cost.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Glad to hear they stepped up and covered it. Knock on wood my broncos have been good. My wifes 2022 Balck Diamond has about 60,000 miles on it and has only been back for a wonky rear window that was covered under warranty. I only got 20K on my 2 door and no real issues yet.

The starter thing with auto start has always made me wonder. I also wonder how much gas could it really save over the life of the vehicle?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Glad to hear you got a good resolution on it, Gary. All these problems with these rigs make me even more leery about getting one. Sounds like you might be the only one of our "2020 gang" in attendance this week in CO.

Todd Z.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It never hurts to ask Ford to help out, more often than not if you're close to the warranty miles or date they'll help out. I've never seen a stater or a blower motor go out on a 6G Bronco myself.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
All’s working well. I have both my trail rig and my 6G here at Super Cel West. Yesterday I lead a group of 18 Ford Bronco Brand Ambassadors on an easy ride over Weston Pass. What a hoot! Continuous stopping for Go-Pro adjustments, drone flights and selfies! It was actually a lot of fun. The “influencer” world is a bit different!

IMG_4584.jpeg

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And here I am belly aching over a transmission shifter seal leak on my '71. Glad I didn't get a new one for my daughter.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
And here I am belly aching over a transmission shifter seal leak on my '71. Glad I didn't get a new one for my daughter.
Sccop was talking about the influencers having to get the correct setting for pictures and the such. There are some that are new to the off roading scene that are not so self-absorbed that they have to stop every 1/4 mile to get the perfect shot and miss the beauty of where they are. Get one for her and see how she reacts.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
The green two door about has me pulling the trigger, it is beautiful. Just not sure which motor to get, the V-6 seems to have issues. They should have just made them all with a coyote
The V-6 is not an issue. There were a 'Bad Batch' of valves that went in some engines in 2021 and early 2022. However, my engine is one of them and I have over 50K on the clock and have zero issues. The 2.3 is peppy and can come with the stick. The 2.7 will pin you in your seat with judicious application of the skinny pedal.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I have a hard time with the drive belt on the oil pump and other oddities like single use oil pan on the 2.7. the 2.3 may not be the hotrod, but it has a good rep for lasting.

I'm glad to see Ford step up, since they would not on the cameras on my F350..... but later wound up being recalled.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The green two door about has me pulling the trigger, it is beautiful. Just not sure which motor to get, the V-6 seems to have issues. They should have just made them all with a coyote
Dont be afraid of the 2.7. Mine has been flawless but I only have 20K on it.

I have the 2.7 in my 2 door and its fast especially in sport Mode. I have had it since early 2023. I love it but am considering getting a four door but only because of the few reasons below.
1. The fuel tank is way too small. I feel like I am constantly filling it up
2. The rear storage area is small. If you are going on a trip and need the back seats and the storage area for bags, pack light!
3. No good soft top option. Yes there are a few soft tops but none fold all the way down and some are just ugly!
4. The ride quality is much better in the four door, yes it just the function of a short wheel base and a soft suspension. But there is a noticeable difference.

In a two door the 2.3 would be great. We have 60,000 miles on the 2.3 in my wife's 2022 Black Diamond. No issues at all. Its been a great truck and I really have no complaints at all!

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
If I had a coyote in my 2 door it would need a wheelie bar for sure. The 2.7 takes off in a second, couldn't imagine a coyote in it.