• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford warranty information

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just thought anybody looking to buy/modify a new Bronco might like to see what Ford's warranty stance is, this is right out of the warranty manuals. I don't want to start a huge debate on the topic and this varies greatly from dealership to dealership but be prepared because there are dealerships out there will be sticklers for the rules!!

All alterations or modifications of Ford Motor Company vehicles must be done in compliance with all applicable State and Federal Statutes and regulations. The installation/use of any non-Ford product may not void the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty. If the non-Ford product fails or causes a Ford part to fail, the cost of the repair and related damage is not covered by the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Service Part Warranty or Ford/Lincoln Protect. The vehicle owner would need to see the manufacturer or installer of the non-Ford product for repair expense. For example, the new vehicle warranty does not cover damage caused by:

Alteration or modification of the vehicle, including body, chassis or components after the vehicle leaves Ford Motor Company's control. For example:
Lift Kits
Oversized Tires
Roll Bars, etc.
Misuse of vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing (see also Racing category) or using the vehicle as a stationary power source (hauling in excess of GVW).
Tampering with the vehicle or tampering with emissions systems or with other parts that affect these systems. For Example:
Performance chips
Exhaust
Intake systems
Intake manifold boost devices
Nitrous oxide
Odometer toggle switches
Propane injection, etc.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Sound like SOP to me... all auto warranties would be very similar.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not following you here, you mean people don't understand the Magnusson Moss act? I agree.

OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Owners and dealership both really seem to have issues understanding it, that's what I'm trying to get across here. As a dealership technician I'm seeing more and more heavily modified vehicles coming through the shop that might end up having repairs declined at some point even if the owners don't realize it a lot of modifications are being done by the owners or other shops and the owners aren't being made aware of the ramifications of what might happen to the warranty on their vehicle.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
1sicbronco- totally understand.

I "love" the "Driving over curbs" disclaimer! lol, my goodness Ford, you think Hell's Revenge in Moab is harder or easier on your Bronco than a "curb"? lol

still chuckling at this one...

:)

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe Ford will come out with a High Curb edition that can handle curb hopping ;D