• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Found me a High Pinion Dana 44.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Found me an HP 44 that I just couldn't pass up. Is there a build thread around showing an install? I'm just going to keep it full width and find a 9" rear to match instead of putting more money in my current setup. I'm running a 351w with a double sump pan and i'm looking at either a 3.5" or 4.5" inch lift along with duff arms. I've been searching and while i have found info, i haven't found anything specific just derailed threads on the subject. And the c-cups are welded. thanks for the help ahead of time ;)

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What year HP D44? The 1978-1979 units will have the wedges cast into the tubes whereas the 1977 and earlier housings will have the welded wedges. I quick glance at your housing should tell you which you have.

OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Out of curiosity what do you do about shock towers if you end up having to space out your coil bucket on the cast axles?

Digger556

F-250 shock mounts. You can run them right on the frame with a slight angle on the shocks or space them out like the spring buckets.

Some F-150 buckets are thicker and have the shock mount built in.

I also cut the lower shock mounts off the radius arms and turned them 90 degrees since most of the misalignment occurs in articulation with the longer radius arms.