• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fox shocks

powers4680

What is the easiest way to run Fox shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Easiest way would be to order through a vendor like WH. They can be sure that the eb specific valving is at least close.

Hard way would be direct with Fox but you would need to know your valving or be prepared to experiment, which could actually be pretty cool.....perfectly dialed-in by-pass Fox Shocks would be freaking amazing....

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Which ones are you looking at? 2.0? I have the standard 2.0s. I just matched the lengths wild horses sells in other shocks. They seem to be great. Eventually I will go reservoir. But that will be down the road when my checking account recovers from this silly build.

OP
OP
powers4680

powers4680

I’m running a basic 4” lift with factory attachment points. My question was more for how to attach, I was under the impression they didn’t make a direct fit for early Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's the style ET meant: Long Travel Shock Mounts
There were some that had a stud up top too, and were made of cast steel. The stud stuck out sideways similar to the rear mounts on a Bronco.
But this stamped style is more popular, more common, and probably less expensive as well.

If the Fox Shox are not available short enough for the stock mounts, this is a good way to extend them and utilize eyes at both ends.

Paul

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I wasn't aware they made any cheaper shocks than the remote reservoir pricey ones til I got the new summit catalog today. How do they compare to the bilstiens?

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Fox's have some internal features that the Bilstien's don't. Classically the Fox's low (shaft) speed damping is softer, so the stubble-bumps are felt even less than with the Bilsteins. A connoisseur of shocks once commented to me that she (RDC username "dezrtchik") felt that Fox's were less harsh than Bilsteins, and Bilsteins are far from what I'd call harsh!