• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frame to roll bar tie in kits...

BlueBronco

Loc.
Asheville, NC
JBG has a kit but it doesn't look like it isolates the body from the frame??? Won't this squeek? :-

Anyone know of any other kits out there?

Anyone have a kit they are happy with?

67ster

Bronco Guru
Some just put rubber in between the plates and I guess it works OK . I used urethane spring bushings inside a tube with a "U"shaped bracket welded to the frame , it has a 3/4' bolt thru the sides of the bracket .

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
JaxLax where did you purchase you core frame tie-In. I would like to go into their web site and check it out. Was it diffuicult to install?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
To order, I sent him an email telling him what I wanted and my PayPal address. And he figured the shipping and sent me a bill. Smooth. ;D You can also go to eBay and find him. His ID is: broncomike1 Then go to his eBay store, he has stuff on there too. ::)

As for install, I don't have a welder (yet) so I had to out source on that one. My welder put it in a few hours because it's cut to fit (you cut to fit) so it takes longer than a plug and go piece.

My only problem is that the holes on his plates don't exactly line up with those on my rollbar plates. So I had to drill and bore out the holes. If I had to do it again, I would have asked for the plate without pre-drilled holes. Or gone and gotten my own before installing.

PM me and I'll go take some pics if I can find a camera. ::) :p :-[