• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

frame vin number

Amac70

ME
Does anyone have a clear picture of the vin number on there frame. Im looking for mine and can not find it at all. Its supposed to be top of the framerail passenger side. behind shock tower right? If not where is it?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
here are a couple examples from some of the threads...

Attachments

• VIN.jpg
    VIN.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00453 (Small).JPG
    DSC00453 (Small).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 153

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Close but your looking to far back. Mine is on the top right side. About 6 inches in front of the # 3 body mount. The numbers run from back to front on the inside to edge. about a half inch in from the edge.

Bax

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
bax said:
Close but your looking to far back. Mine is on the top right side. About 6 inches in front of the # 3 body mount. The numbers run from back to front on the inside to edge. about a half inch in from the edge.

Bax

Same here...

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
This is where it is on my 77..........

Attachments

• vin-rear.jpg
    vin-rear.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 113

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
You said shock tower...do you have hoops or factory towers? If you have hoops the rear plate may have been welded right over the VIN. If you find something stamped there but still cannot read it, try scrubbing the area with a dry (no water) brillo pad impregnated with pink soap powder. The soap gets rid of the grease/dirt and color-fills the VIN at the same time, so it is easier to read.

-aaron

Tristan

Loc.
Whitney,Ontario
vin on frame

Glad to see we are not the only ones having this problem. We are new owners and new to the site. I posted the same question as to where on the frame the vin is stamped and it refered me to this thread. Great website!!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
This is an awesome site, if you need Bronco tech or just want to meet some fellow eccentric owners, youve got the right place! ;D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
once again
located on rf frame horn behind shock tower.
hth

Attachments

• DSC01277.JPG
    DSC01277.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 60