• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

From Trail back to street

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Allen, if Matt hasn't sent you a PM give me a call about 10am tomorrow.
Steve 314-568-5169

OP
OP
Allen_69

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
Allen, if Matt hasn't sent you a PM give me a call about 10am tomorrow.
Steve 314-568-5169

Steve,

Talked to Matt for about a half an hour yesterday. Got pics and did some catching up. Looks like a great project and I'm interested

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Who's that nice guy from MEB that does the fiberglass tubs? I was really impressed with the quality and thickness of those tubs. It wasn't a cheap tub, that's for sure.

If I were in your position, I think I'd go fiberglass.

Welcome back. Hope to meet you at the Round Up at Rausch.

old 71

Allen
I am currently assembling a bronco in a box ,,, little back ground on me , I have no prior experience with auto body work what so ever and have always been too dumb for my own good . I thought how hard can it be ,,,, it's a box with doors and some seats . I've been at it for 6 months now just weekends and some nights here and there. I have most of the tub assembled , a few set backs and a few nailed it moments and a lot of what the heck do I do next .

Most of your time is taking up by mocking up with screws to check fit and trying to figure out how the welding sequence should go without boning yourself in the long run. Most of the panels and parts fit pretty well , some don't and this is where experience comes in " how do I make this part fit " my million dollar question . Would I do it again ,,, yes ,,, now I have some experience and living I California I don't have all the rust problems as the NE states have .

I'm sure glass tubs have there own set of challenges as well , considering where you live this might be the best way to go. I'm not sure of cost vs cost I have around 5 k in my tub and lots of time getting to know her so far. But isn't that why we love these old trucks ?

Hope this helped with your original question, if you would like more specific answers on a metal tub ask away.

Good luck on your project .

Dale