• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front And Rear Seat Re-upholstry

Shelton823

How much have people paid to have their seats totally redone. Stripped, painted, new foam, two tone vinyl, and stained rear armrests. Looking at $1000 from a really good shop (quality and price Im told). Any info would be appreciated.

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
That sounds a alot expensive to me I just had a set done a couple months ago for the 72 (two stock front seats, new foam, two tone vinyl and fabric, plastic parts restained, back seat redone,stripped and painted frame,armrests restained and vinyl covering the underside wood of the bench, (which you will never see anyway ;D ) these seats came out perfect and I paid 500 bucks I would check around other shops in your area........

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I had my front seats and cooler (center console) done for three hundred. The cooler has seat foam on top under the camo cloth and fits good between the seats.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 47

Warhead13

Loc.
St. Augustine, Fl
Well, I'm no expert...but I stayed at a motel 6 last night..so I would say depending on quality of materiels used no more than $400... Oh, and I asked an expert( my dad..owns and operated an upholstery shop for past 40 years) about this and he said the same but +/- depending on part of country your from...

brian72

Early Bronco Student
hey warhead - does he want to make some covers for me?
-brian

Warhead13

Loc.
St. Augustine, Fl
brian72 said:
hey warhead - does he want to make some covers for me?
-brian

Hell, I'd make 'em for ya if I was home ( USAF stationed far away ) for real cheap... Dad would probably do it for the same if I was there to convince him but he prefers staying away from automotive upholstery. He always refers to a guy that does nothing but auto type work... hmmm, I should be home around January for good, I'll have to remember this and hook some bronco owners up with upholstery deals...or barter for technical advice/help...

brian72

Early Bronco Student
At the rate my truck is coming back together it might be January %) I will be wanting white marine vinyl with a green color insert for the butt and lumbar areas. Kind of like naildrivers seats.

OP
OP
S

Shelton823

Prices sound great to me

Any body know where to go for those prices around the Washington DC metro area? If so would be very interested in saving a few dollars.

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
i did mine myself. mines not two tones, but ive seen two tones sets on ebay. they run about $150 for the 2 fronts and rear. you can get the foam for $50 a seat at a mustang online store(dont remember the name). total cost was about $275.

Attachments

• re covered rear seat.JPG
    re covered rear seat.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 30
  • old and new seat covers.JPG
    old and new seat covers.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

brian72

Early Bronco Student
help find warhead...

Warhead13 said:
Hell, I'd make 'em for ya if I was home ( USAF stationed far away ) for real cheap... Dad would probably do it for the same if I was there to convince him but he prefers staying away from automotive upholstery. He always refers to a guy that does nothing but auto type work... hmmm, I should be home around January for good, I'll have to remember this and hook some bronco owners up with upholstery deals...or barter for technical advice/help...

Anyone know how to get in touch with warhead...I wouldn't mind talking with him...

brian