• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

front axle u-joint caps

Airtractr

%) I am rebuilding the front and rear axles on a 76' EB and am in need of some guidance on the front. Do the U-joint caps on the front axles press out the same as the ones on the driveshaft? What I mean by that is can I press them out with two sockets like I normally do or do they require a different method of removal?

OP
OP
A

Airtractr

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Thanks for that link MrN. I was looking for a better technique than using 2x4's and sockets on the floor nad pounding away with a hammer.;D

OP
OP
A

Airtractr

Let me take a moment to say thanks to Mr N and welndmn. After reading both of those links I went back out into the shop and put my vise to use and did both sides in about 15 min. So much easier than beating the hell out of a couple of sockets on the floor. The right tools/techniques for the job is what makes me love wrenching on all my own stuff. This is a simple job made easier by your guidance, thanks.;D