• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Bumper Build

hawkgt

Loc.
Leesburg, VA
Looks great. I love how you went about it. What thickness metal did you use? What is the width (front to back dimension) of the top plate at the winch?

OP
OP
LOVNBRONCOS

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
Thanks for the kind words everyone, The top was a pc of 8" x 1/4" flat bar I had left over from making the rock sliders, the rest is 3/16 hot rolled, if I was to do it again I would use cold rolled to eliminate the mill scale, but the 3/16 was drop left over from other projects so I used it. $50.00 cost. I think the 8" x 1/4" was around $80.00. I did get the bumper and winch installed, the lights are mounted but I still need to run the harness and hook them up. Might move them to the sides of the winch not sure yet. Took some pics but there wasn't much sun so the pics are kind of dark. Going wheeling tomorrow hope to get some better pics.

Attachments

• Finished Bumper 009 (Copy).JPG
    Finished Bumper 009 (Copy).JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Finished Bumper 012 (Copy).JPG
    Finished Bumper 012 (Copy).JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Finished Bumper 017 (Copy).JPG
    Finished Bumper 017 (Copy).JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Finished Bumper 018 (Copy).JPG
    Finished Bumper 018 (Copy).JPG