• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

front coil spring air bags

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
Anyone ever replace the front coil factory air spring air bags on their bronco?
Firestone makes a kit and so does airlift
Anyone had success with these?
Do they fit well?

ehumaui

I thought I was the only one thinking the same thing. I had a couple of air bags from my Excursion and fabbed up some brackets to replace the coils. I tried it on one side to do some testing. It worked. Kind of cool seeing it go up and down. I found the ride a bit bouncy....I guess I should have played with my rancho 9000 shocks a bit to get the correct ride. I took it off thinking the bronco group would think I was crazy? I did get a hold of ketterman, the guys that do the air bag lifts for ford and dodge and he never called me back after I sent him some picts...I guess he was not interested in designing something. I have some picts if you want to see. I cant post them, but if you send me your email I will email them to you.

Ehumaui

ehumaui

opps sorry, I thought you ment replacing the springs. You are correct.

Ehumaui