• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Coil Springs for 3.5" Lift

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
OK Guys, I ordered the new MOOG Coil Springs CC814 last week thinking I would use the Dana 30. After getting the D44 I find out at need at least 3.5" of suspension lift to clear the oil pan on the 351W. I'm going to return these springs and try and get the correct ones for 3.5" lift, Can someone give me the part number for those springs. Thanks, TW

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
If it was me I would get some from one of the Bronco vendors. I would get a complete kit if you can squeeze it in the budget, any of those suspension systems are worth every penny when it comes to ride quality. Just my 2 cents here, good luck with your project!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Like he said. The springs the vendors sell are made specifically for the EB and ride much better than off the shelf stuff. Throw in some bilstien shocks while you're at it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think they make a Moog CC that will lift your Bronco that high.
I could be wrong, and have only tried a couple of the numbers myself, settling on the just under 2" version.
They're not designed as lift springs of course, as they're just stock replacements that we're re-purposing in vehicles they were not made for. And I don't think there have been all that many members that have tried the Moog route over the years.
A few of us, but not a ton.

But hey, maybe someone has.
Good luck.

Paul