• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front door - fiberglass speaker panels

BrettKoenecke

I got a set of panels from Jason, wow. Super impressed.

I have a sky blue 73 Ranger...ideas on upholstering the panels? I'd think the houndstooth blue vinyl if i knew where to get any. Other ideas welcome

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I got a set of panels from Jason, wow. Super impressed.

I have a sky blue 73 Ranger...ideas on upholstering the panels? I'd think the houndstooth blue vinyl if i knew where to get any. Other ideas welcome
I had mine matched to my seats. I did also have Jason add material behind where the window cranks go since I have power windows. Then I was able to grind down and smooth the area there so there is no bump. Some mounted pics on my thread but still haven't installed my speakers.
1716564710079.png

Comemonday71

Contributor
I had mine matched to my seats. I did also have Jason add material behind where the window cranks go since I have power windows. Then I was able to grind down and smooth the area there so there is no bump. Some mounted pics on my thread but still haven't installed my speakers.
View attachment 925857
Those look really nice. Well done!!

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
That's really cool! Did you do it your self or ?
I wish I could do that myself!!! An upholstery shop did it. They did an amazing job but it def cost more than I expected. Don't remember how much, but I had them put in seat heaters in my matching Tom's seats at the same time and I think the two were about the same price (a lot). Might have been the same price to buy twice as expensive seats with seat heaters already in them.