• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Flares Question

dhendriksen

I’ve decided I’m going to cut my front fenders and put flares on. The rears are already cut, I’m worried if I hit a bump while turning my tire might hit the fender and I want the additional width for protection (running 33x12.50 on 3.5 suspension lift).

Here’s my question. Will the profile of the Ultra Smooth front fender flares from Tom’s match the profile of the Duraflex rear fender flares from Jeff’s Bronco Graveyard?

I bought the new tears from Jeff’s, and they were textured - I had to sand them smooth for paint. The Tom’s ones are already smooth so I’m inclined to order those and save the sanding, but I don’t want them to look different. Anyone have experience with both of these?

Here’s the product from Tom’s: https://tomsoffroad.com/parts/66-77-ford-bronco-front-ultraflex-fender-flares/

Here’s the product from Jeff’s: https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/Ford-Bronco-Dura-Flex-Front-Flares/productinfo/15700/

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Well as far as cleaning with 33x12.5 on uncut fronts you’ll be fine. I have 3.5” of lift same size tires and uncut front fenders. The only place they ever touch is the very front lower edge of the fender. I cut an1” x 3” section out of the lower front lip and I have never since had a true rub and I have wheels the truck a good bit. You can not even tell the from fender has been modified.

Attachments

• CIMG6619.jpeg
    CIMG6619.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 26
  • CIMG6615.jpeg
    CIMG6615.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 25

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When and where you rub in the front can also depend on the wheel offset.
The more negative offset, the more the tire travels in an arc instead of just pivoting on the ball joints/steering axis.
So that can make a difference between one Bronco and another.
But the area described by phred is a common area to rub. And easy to trim.
The pinch weld on the fender skirt is also a common area to rub at the back of the front wheel well.
Those are often trimmed or hammered flat.
You can definitely tell ones that are hammered are modified! But a clean trim is not noticeable by anybody but an expert bronco-phile.