• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front RT Turn Signal Illuminates when Brake is pushed.

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Small problem, just trying to find an idea on where to start looking or if others have come across this.

I don't recall doing anything to change the wiring with the brakes and/or turn signals, but after fininshing my 3.5" SL, I noticed that when I dpress the brake pedal, my Right Front Turn signal marker lights up, as well as the turn indicator in the original dash assembly. I have the centech wiring harness throughout.
Not a huge problem, just kind of annoying, unless of course this leads to s system wide short.

Any obvious things I should look at?

Thanks!
-Robert

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
The first thing that comes to mind is the turn signal switch in the column. I can't think of anywhere besides that where the two circuits come together. I don't see why a 3.5 SL should have anything to do with the switch. Maybe just a coincidence.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
They also come together at the emergency flasher switch. I had the pleasure of digging through all of this wiring this weekend. Not sure about the Centech harness though.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I'd have to dig out my Centech manual, but check at the steering column plug. I have had the pins you put in loosen up and short together.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
They also come together at the emergency flasher switch. I had the pleasure of digging through all of this wiring this weekend. Not sure about the Centech harness though.

My bad, I forgot to ask what year it was. My 77 has both switches made together in the column. The earlier years did have a separate switch for flashers.

What year is yours? Does it have a separate flasher switch?

markperry

Bronco Guru
Steering column harness is what I would check....Very quick fix for 50$