• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Shock Mounts

Lonestar

Loc.
Austin, TX
I am replacing my front shocks and have recently bought some long travel springs. From what I have red there are quite a few options for front shock mounts. <br><br>I have a 3 1/2 lift<br><br>What is everyone using and do you like them?

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I use the Duff hoops. However, I would suggest you think about whether you will have extended radius arms someday. If you do, you probably will want to run one shock or both back on the arm mounts rather than one on the front C bracket thing. Just my 2 cents because I am there now and I have to either run one shock or re weld on the upper bracket to put both in back or the front will bind and might break the shock. And it will limit travel.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I have a set of F-250 extended mounts from BC ($32 per pair) and I have on single RS 9012's. Cheap and affective.

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
I am running stock mounts with a 3" lift. I am buying new springs and shocks for the front. going for the bc 3.5" coils and rancho 900's. What do you gues think about dual shocks? what about the duff hoops? They look pretty neat, but are they over kill? We i do this i want to do it right. I don't want to be changing it in a yr from now.

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
[quote author=ca1a73 link=board=5;threadid=9984;start=0#72080 date=1034125208]<br>I am running stock mounts with a 3" lift. I am buying new springs and shocks for the front. going for the bc 3.5" coils and rancho 900's. What do you gues think about dual shocks? what about the duff hoops? They look pretty neat, but are they over kill? We i do this i want to do it right. I don't want to be changing it in a yr from now.<br>[/quote]It depends on the type of driving..if you do alot of low speed rockcrawling your fine with one shock and extended f250 mounts...duals will give you better handling on the road,although a stiffer ride.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I have the Duff hoops and Rancho 9000's in the front. I don;t think the ride is stiff. PLus you can adjust the 9000's to your liking. Just think down the road of what you want to do... extended radius arms, body lifts, etc.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I have the duffy stage 2 hoops. The front mount behind the spring had to be modified. That shock hit the coil tower in the stock location.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Go with F-250 Shock towers, only about $15 a piece at the Ford Dealership. I run Pro-Comp shocks with 15" travel.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
I purchased Duff's front shock mounts that require welding and so far they have done great!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I could sell hoops and make more money but most of us do not need them. My .02 is that if you<br> plan to drive on the street or rock crawl the f-250 mount is the best set-up. With a 9000 shock you<br> can pick your ride. On the other hand if you plan to catch air a lot or desert race 2 shocks might<br> be a good idea if you do not want to run coil overs. I have not decided what I will do about shocks <br>on my class 3 EB yet but do plan to drive fast and catch air..

TNBronco

Loc.
Memphis TN
This is my first time back on the board in quite some time. This semester combined with a full time job now has drained me of all my spare time. So the bronco has plent of funding, just no time to work on it. I picked up the 5.5in coils and f250 shock mounts but wonder exaclty how the shock mounts attach. If anyone can give me some pointers I might just be able to grab some friends and get the lift put on this weekend finaly.