• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel door or aero style?

brandenpro

Loc.
Salem, OR
I did the smaller aero 200. Moved it towards 2 o'clock about 1/2". No notch in flare. One of my favorite mods on the build.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Well OB you have me, as well as others, curious! Show us the tools and steps so we can copy your rushes! What cap did you use?

OB Bronco

Loc.
Orange Beach
It's not mine. A guy did it to his Scout 80. I can't figure out how to post the write up. If you Google "Flush mount fuel cap for Scout 80" these picture come up. Then follow them to the write up. The guy who did this made his own die, but there has to be a way to do this. Maybe some feedback from guys with body shop back ground? I love the flush look and would like to do it on my '75 build.

OB Bronco

Loc.
Orange Beach
I love how clean it looks but, I would need someone on this forum to help me/us put the how to together on this project. I think it would be way easier than welding and it would allow you to move it away from the fender flares for a cleaner look. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I might have to give it a try after reading the link I think one of my neighbours might be able to turn a die on his wood lathe just give it a try before having someone turn it with a metal lathe as I think metal would hold up better.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
As it happens MotoDave is good friend of mine. Funny to see his work on his Scout turn up here.

I wasn't sure that the delrin would be strong enough, but it doesn't show any wear at all. I would expect that Rock Maple or Ash would work. The trick on a wood lathe will be holding good tolerances.

ccowart83

I went with this from a motorcycle tank. I thinks its a clean look

8f2ec4e06cab70a888655f3148a719f4.jpg

cf107d41e388da7b1a4161a4369971d7.jpg
20ff1e24b41ae5c89240e4e8773b3ff1.jpg