• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel filler hose leaking on aux tank

tampabronco

The fuel filler neck hose is leaking where the hose meets the auxiliary tank. I got the hose, aux fuel tank and clamp at the time from WH. I tightened the clamp again but it's still leaking. Other than a wider clamp any suggestions?

76 bronco

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
might try going with a good quality all stainless clamp. the cheap bi metal ones you get at the parts store will come apart if you really snug them down. the screw drive will sink into the head being the head is cheap material.
take the clam off and check it out. see if the band slots are ok and what the head looks like.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Also check to see if the tank is cracked at the filler neck, hopefully not

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I would also check the filler hose. Is it dry rotted, split or damaged in anyway? You can buy gas rated fill hose at a local industrial hose supply store.

bludorbronc

My neck was cracked at the tank and I took it down and laid a bead of hot glue in there and it never leaked again.