• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel filler hose frustration

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
He's responding to the original poster of this thread from five and a half years ago. He's not responding to your question. Unfortunately tends to happen when older threads get bumped up even if the new question is relevant to the original intent of the older post.
Ahh, missed that, thanks!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
It’s a short spot so was hoping for all rubber. If I can’t find it, I might cut the end of the new stock filler tube that I got and just use 2” the whole way.

How about a rubber hose reducer? Insert it in the end of a 2” hose.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe that ba was asking 73azbronco for the part number though. And his response was from yesterday, about buying one a year ago.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I ordered that adapter sleeve and then the 2” hose from WH. Should be fine, I guess.

Thanks,

Ben

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I got it, thanks again for trying.

They don't sell reducer hoses by the foot though. Not possible.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
I got it, thanks again for trying.

They don't sell reducer hoses by the foot though. Not possible.
to keep this 5 year old thread relevant:

Do you have a difference between your fill neck and your tank inlet?

The pre-77 early bronco neck is 1-3/4. The early bronco tank is 1-3/4. This hose is available at NAPA under part number NBH-1035, and comes in a 3 foot stick for $31.99. The Pleasanton Napa gets hopelessly confused about pricing, and tries to charge $32 per foot. But they do have it in stock.
The Dayco number for a stick of 1-3/4 fuel hose is 80304. Summit has it. PN DAC-80304 and it's $45 for a 3 ft stick.
The Gates number is 24228, for radiator service, and 23968 for gas tank fill necks. Amazon is your friend. $32 for a 3 foot stick.

Oddly enough, I have found that Wild Horses is the most economical way to buy a 13 inch long hose. If you are doing 3 broncos, then it's worth a whole stick.

The only oddball is that 77 fill neck at 2-1/4 and its plastic tank with a 2 inch neck. But anyone running a 77 fuel door deserves whatever pain and anguish that they get. (because I'm jealous and don't have one...)

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
to keep this 5 year old thread relevant:

Do you have a difference between your fill neck and your tank inlet?

The pre-77 early bronco neck is 1-3/4. The early bronco tank is 1-3/4. This hose is available at NAPA under part number NBH-1035, and comes in a 3 foot stick for $31.99. The Pleasanton Napa gets hopelessly confused about pricing, and tries to charge $32 per foot. But they do have it in stock.
The Dayco number for a stick of 1-3/4 fuel hose is 80304. Summit has it. PN DAC-80304 and it's $45 for a 3 ft stick.
The Gates number is 24228, for radiator service, and 23968 for gas tank fill necks. Amazon is your friend. $32 for a 3 foot stick.

Oddly enough, I have found that Wild Horses is the most economical way to buy a 13 inch long hose. If you are doing 3 broncos, then it's worth a whole stick.

The only oddball is that 77 fill neck at 2-1/4 and its plastic tank with a 2 inch neck. But anyone running a 77 fuel door deserves whatever pain and anguish that they get. (because I'm jealous and don't have one...)
Yes, as was in my original post. My NWMP 23 gallon tank is 2" and the filler tubs I bought from Graveyard I think is 1.75".

I wrote:
"Can anyone tell me they found a fuel filler hose that is 2” to 1-3/4”?"

I could not find this hose ANYWHERE so I ordered:

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/2-to-1-3-4-fuel-fill-hose-i-d-reducer-b04/
and the 2" x 2" version of:
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Filler_Hose_for_NW_Rear_Fuel_Tanks/broncofuelhoses