• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel filler spout

Canuck

Loc.
Corunna Ontario
I have just painted my 74 EB and I am looking for ideas to attach the fuel filler tubes to the body (3 holes behind the gas cap) that don`t look "Mickey Mouse". Hopefully someone has an inovative solution, pictures would be appreciated.

suthernboy

Loc.
Greenville, NC
I take it you ain't keen on the 3 self-tapping Phillips head screws from the factory.

There ain't a lot of stress on them as the filler hose and vent hose pretty much keep the neck located, the screws basically keep the flange from rattling around.

Difficult to get a nut on the back, though, so bolts would be tough.

Check out McMaster-Carr, they have a wide range of self-tappers in stainless and black finish with different size heads, some Torx, some Allen, some hex.

OP
OP
Canuck

Canuck

Loc.
Corunna Ontario
That looks cool Hotwheel but the paint is finished and I am not interested in cutting larger holes. I may just look for a fancier head screw than the stock ones, something that looks a little cleaner. Thanks for the link suthernboy. Cheers