• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel hose sizes

YNOTBOB2007

1969 stock manual fuel pump: Does the rubber fuel hose diameter change size on each side of the pump? I think I have 3/8" before the pump (coming from the original tank selector valve) and 5/16" after the pump leading to the carb. I'm going to be replacing all of them since there seems to be a lot of gunk in them. Should I use EFI rated hose (even though it's a carb)? Thanks.

armynavy17

Contributor
I believe you are correct regarding the sizes. Unless there was a specific difference in 66, stock fuel pump to carb was steel, not hose, but many have been replaced with hose over the years.

I have heard that EFI rated hose is significantly better quality and will hold up the the ethanol in today's fuel better. But also just about anything you get from a parts store is going to be bottom of the barrel quality.

I'd look for marine fuel hose, I'll see if I can find the place I sourced mine from.