• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel injection day tank?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I run a Precise 402-P2000 pump - it is under $50, is super quiet and worked flawlessly for my Mustang injection and my FiTech 600PA setup. I ran the pump straight off the factory rear tank without issues and I'm running it off two different fuel cells without issue either.

I haven't had troubles with this pump - still the original pump I started with when I did my first 5.0 SD injection setup.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
@blubuckaroo - I still think the Command Center is a good solution for what you want. If you put the pusher pump right after the selector valve everything should work just like the stock 2-tank set up.

Hazegray

Cortez, were you able to use the an fittings provided with the fitech tech fuel kit with your new pump?

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
@blubuckaroo - I still think the Command Center is a good solution for what you want. If you put the pusher pump right after the selector valve everything should work just like the stock 2-tank set up.

>>> that fuel commander as mentioned earlier doesn't work at severe angles just like alot of carbs.... for me that takes away 50% of the reason I would ever consider fuel injection on my bronco.... other 50% is the ability to go from sea level to the mountains.... throttle response & cold starts are a non issue for me....

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
It is done all the time. Countless trucks with in bed fuel tanks transfer to the main tank for long drives. They even have them built right into the bottom of tool boxes. Sometimes they are found with a dispensing handle for refueling equipment in the field. But most are set up on the transfer system to top off the main tank while cruising down the road.

We'll, i've seen that in agricultural or industrial application, and sometimes on RVS.
But, like I've said, i can't share a car like that with someone who might not have that kind of mindset.
I might consider it where it ran off the accessory position only though.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
>>> that fuel commander as mentioned earlier doesn't work at severe angles just like alot of carbs.... for me that takes away 50% of the reason I would ever consider fuel injection on my bronco.... other 50% is the ability to go from sea level to the mountains.... throttle response & cold starts are a non issue for me....

I guess it depends on how severe the angles are that blubuckaroo wheels on. ;D

I agree, those are the 2 main reasons I went with efi on my trail rig. But if switching tanks safely and easily is his main concern, then the Command Center is a good option because it eliminates the need for a return line.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Cortez, were you able to use the an fittings provided with the fitech tech fuel kit with your new pump?

No - I had to get some additional fittings in order to adapt to the right size but in the end was able to get it done. The input side of the Bosh pump was just a tube so a hose clamp was the solution but the output side was threaded so I found the adapter from pump to a -6AN which is what the Fitech fuel line is after the pump.