• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel injection work with performer cam?

dan73

I am considering doing a fuel injection swap. I have a 74 302 with dished pistons 66 289 heads shaved .015. and Edelbrock performer cam. It has a slight lope. Will the injection work with this cam?

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
It will work, some recommend it, but I didn't personally like the torque curve. The power didn't come on well until I was over 2500RPM. It left me a little disappointed when I initially converted my 302 to EFI. I have a Mustang A9P computer, MAF, and 19lb injectors. I prefer the stock flat tappet cam I have right now for a 93 Bronco over the Performer. The Performer cam was not specifically designed with EFI in mind, but a MAF system will adapt enough to idle and run adequately. I have read that you need lobe separation around 115-116 to more closely match the timing and fuel parameters in the stock Mustang computers. So IMHO, something flat tappet that came stock with an EFI SBF would work best unless you're going to have it custom chipped and tuned.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
I do not see why it wouldnt. The Mass air systems will adapt well, but I would till talk to Edelbrock and get there input on what you may or may not have to change. Talk to there mustang Tech guys, if they still have them.