• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel pump for '66, no vacuum?

fuentesfranko

I have a '66 Bronco with a straight 6 170i engine AND electric windshield wipers (no vacuum).
I don't think my fuel pump is working
Gotta troubleshoot a bit, but, My question is:

If I have to replace the fuel pump, Would I have to purchase a pump that works with the vacuum wipers and cap it off or would a pump for electric wipers work/fit?

hucklburry rev2

A standard mechanical pump fits, pretty sure even one from a 302 will fit there, could be wrong on that I guess, but a later model year should work, like even a 76 maveriick with a 200 or 250.

OP
OP
F

fuentesfranko

Found this one at Tom's bronco parts. Looks great but it but it does say it wouldn't work because the pump arm is different?
Would love if it did, this is $30 vs $90 for the vacuum version that I'd end up capping off

fehFAA5.png

L9Bdrba.png

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There are a lot of vacuum wiper Broncos running without vacuum pump fuel pumps. Because it was cheaper to use a regular fuel pump to get it running again. Just plumb the wipers into the engine vacuum, it will be good enough, you don't need to see while accelerating. If it is raining that bad you better slow down anyway.

Yea, just get the newer style (and much less expensive) fuel pump since you don't have vacuum wipers.