• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel pump w/ vacuum for a 68 w 289? HELP!

Woodm

Loc.
Lutz
I just purchased a 1968 bronco and it has vacuum wipers. I am trying to find a fuel pump w/ vacuum pump on top. It has a 289 v8 and the gentleman l bought it from told me he looked everywhere and I haven't had any luck either. If f they can't be found is there another way to make them work? Maybe someone has created an aftermarket electric pump that could make them work? Does someone possibly have a expanded diagram of that pump. Could a 6 cylinder be modified to work? Would really like to keep my bronco like it came from the factory.

House

Minutia Militia
Keep watching eBay, they pop up every few months.
You could use manifold vacuum for now, but not as a permanent fix...

mtp71174

I have a 68 fuel pump with the vacuum pump you can have. Just give me a few days to get to it. You can pm me or contact me at seven 34 818 nine 225. Just pay shipping.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I use manifold vacuum for the wipers on my 66. I would make sure your wipers work before getting the fuel pump. I used replacement marine store electric boat wipers for years. I had my vacuum wipers rebuilt for nostalgia. I don't drive much in the rain anyway. Good luck