• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FULL CAB OR HALF CAB ?????

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I have 2 factory halfcab tubs but no half tops :( I would really like to have 1 halfcab for the look but they're pretty expensive. I like the idea of having a small cab area and a bed like a small pickup. I also like full tops, especially with certain EB's (super stock) but sometimes they look stupid, IMO. I have 3 full tops, so that's what I'll run on all mine until I run across that super deal for a halfcab that I know is right around the corner.

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
Have a "full cab". Wife likes it so much she wants a "cute half cab" that she can paint yellow with a big smiley face on the hood! ::) Now where am I going to find one of those? Guess I could find a "full cab" with a bulkhead and replace the top... :)

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I converted mine to a half cab, I love the way they look, but they really are impractical as hell. My wife wants another one, only a full cab -- she likes them better. The half cab should have a better heater in the winter with less room to heat, but also has less leg room, storage in back, etc. I just think they look tough.

ktmrob200

My 73 has a homemade 1/2 cab on it and I really like it, right now it's much warmer than my 77 was last year. The only setback was I had to put a 60/40 seat from a Ranger in to take my wife and daughter both wheelin'. I'm going to put a soft top on the 77 this spring anyway.

HorsePlay

Loc.
Middlesex, NJ
Half cab all the way, look how tough this thing looks up on 38's!!<br>I really like the way it look with the nose being longer than the bed
__hr_IMG_2141.jpg

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
My 77 has a full cab. I am going to keep it that way for several reasons. First is the area I live in. It rains here. not all the time like some people believe, but A LOT of the time. This way my stuff stays drier, especially important when wheeling/camping. The second is dirt/dust. I used to have an 89 yj, and when Id take the windows out for 'wheeling, dust got in everything in the back. It was a pain. With the hardtop, and the windows down, there is still dust, but not nearly as heavy. Third is security. I had to park that damn yj where I could see it all the time. I was constantly worried about my stuff. In the EB wagon, I can throw a blanket over it and lock it. I worry more about them stealing the whole truck. My .02<br><br>Dan

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
If I wanted a half cab I would have kept my Nissan 4x4 truck.<br><br>I like the full top to keep everything dry in the wonderful Washington rain. Too bad I am selling it. :'(

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
[quote author=J-DUB link=board=5;threadid=11762;start=0#86507 date=1038422853]<br>If I wanted a half cab I would have kept my Nissan 4x4 truck.<br><br>I like the full top to keep everything dry in the wonderful Washington rain. Too bad I am selling it. :'(<br>[/quote]<br><br>Nissan? Damn, that was cruel.

randall

full, only because its not fun driving to school in the mornings when its 20 degrees. But as soon as it gets to about 40 degrees the top doors and tail gate are coming off.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Both of mine are factory 1/2 cab Broncos, that's always been my favorite because they are so unique and look neat. I've been known to buy 1/2 cab Broncos and snag the top and slap a full cab on & sell it, henceforth, there's a few extra 1/2 cabs are down in the basement ;D ;D!! (and I've never sold one!!)

DJM75

Loc.
Washougal
I think that the half cabs look better but they are just not practical with 2 kids. I'd have one of each if I could. Maybe someday.<br> Don

66halfcab

Loc.
clarksville, tennessee
I think my 66 half cab looks cool. Its bone stock and totally utilitarian, all business and ready to pull out jeeps at a moments notice. half cabs are cool because there were so few made. When this one is finished I do want to add a wagon to the family because it does have more practical grocery gettin space and since there more common I won't feel bad cuttin it up and modifying it.

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Hmmm Lets see... <br><br>I have a Halfcab, Full Hard top, Full Soft top and the Bikini Top is on it's way.<br><br>I like the Full tops for room but the Full soft top is Coooooold in the winter, but then again the halfcab is easy to heat but limited on room.<br><br>I like the look of the Half cab and the full Softtop better than the full hard top.<br><br>But I really love going Topless and really love it when my female riders do the same :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D

Blue_Oval_Boy

Loc.
New Site, Alabama
halfcab all the way man. love the unique look. its just great man. so i guess i can put up with not havin any room for anything behind the seats or nothin. but i take the top off from april to october so i kinda have the best of both worlds in the summer when i put my back seat in.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I converted my 76 to a halfie ! I always wanted a half cab bronco and a guy stopped by my house one day and asked if I needed any parts for my bronco and I was in a bad mood and sarcasticaly replied , " I need a half cab for this thing ...you got one of those ?" He came back in ten minutes with it and I gave him 50 bucks for it . ;D

T

teknalee

full cab.. cause if i didn't have one.. me and a certain someone wouldn't be able to call it the "Stabbin Wagon" ;) ;D