• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full Steel Tub Replacement?

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
Does anybody know if any company's are going to, or already have full aftermarket steel tubs assembled already? If not, which are the most complete... Any help would be appreciated...

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I don't think anyone offers a "put together" replacement steel tub. Their are venders that sell the replacement panels. I think you can buy every panel you need. However not all the replacement panels fit like the original, so getting a tub built using just replacement panels could be a challenging project. Your in MI. I think the graveyard has a good selection of panels. They also have a few of the panels that dont fit too well. But many of the same panels are sold by different venders. There was a thread started here a few weeks ago where a member was building a tub using all new panels. The topic kinda died when someone asked for pictures. There was also some interest about an aluminum tub being made but dollar figures were not good. So for now we just keep adding new panels to our old trucks.
Good luck with your project.
Bax

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
Same here, if i could have bought one i would have as well. Mine started out as just replacing the floor. door posts also shot. door posts connected to the inner rockers, inner rockers connected to the kick panels, kick panels connected to the inner fenders..............Im afraid to say how much $ i have into this thing and it is not even painted yet!!!

I'm in MI too let me know if i can help with questions (i've learned a lot... some the hard way)

This is a good site and the people here are top notch. They know what they are doing.

Attachments

• DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00388.jpg
    DSC00388.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 78

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
There was a thread started here a few weeks ago where a member was building a tub using all new panels. The topic kinda died when someone asked for pictures.

Oh yeah, last week I was thinking about bumping that thread to ask about more pics.... thanks for the reminder :cool:

BTW... here's the thread. He put links to a couple pics of his progress. Looks to be in the *very* early stages...

http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105824

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
I appreciate the help, and will continue reading all the posts till its time for me to Tear into the 69... I am just finishing up my 24X30 Bronco Garage. Till thats finished, I have no place to tear into it. Thanks again

65 mustang

was just looking in the Jeffs Bronco Graveyard 06/07 catalog, they do offer a unassembled body tub kit pn#14180. It's only $3700.00, wait it says "starts at $3700.00.It looks like it's all there. Floors to windshield frame,rockers to 1/4 panels. being your in MI maby you could pick it up. shipping would be a killer.

Scott

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
tub "kit"

The guys that repaired my tub have put together Jeff's tub kit. I believe the words "NEVER AGAIN" came up once or twice. If ya think everything is going to fit like a glove, think twice. Might fit like Oj's glove.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
........................... If ya think everything is going to fit like a glove, think twice. Might fit like Oj's glove.

That is a "killer" statement! ;D Tooooo Funny!