• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Funky Alt Bracket Spied on '76 Today

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Ok, kick me in the head for forgetting the camera %)
but was looking at a rolling chassis '76 today with an interesting alternator bracket setup on the 302.

Alt was mounted low and there was an empty bracket above on the block that looked like it was maybe for an A/C compressor. All indication of A/C being there before on the inside was non existant, but this has me wondering.
What was the deal with A/C from the factory?

This bracket seems cool non the less if I could snag new York to squeeze in there or something. Don't know...interesting.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
D'uh! Of course. This heat and humidity is already getting to me...96 and watching it climb....ugh.

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
my alt bracket is also my a/c bracket. all one piece. i can go get a pic if youd like. nevermind i found a couple pics stashed away

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50
  • ac1.jpg
    ac1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I have one of those brackets. Alt sits low. Air pump sits high. I would take a pic but the camera is at work. Tomorrow.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Alternator sitting low is never a cool thing, way too much exposure to salt/slush/mud/water/dust/weeds/kicked up rocks, etc. High and away from the engine is the best. Actually mounted in air scoop above the hood, facing backwards would be the ultimate. (Don't laugh, I have a customer in the Phillpines doing just that with two 250amp alternators)

vbro

what vehicles can you find those alt / A/C brackets in?

vbro

You can find everything under the sun in a jeepnie. No such thing as stock there. I wouldn't mind a stainless steel enging bay though.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
The one in original question was smog for sure. I saw one of those flatties with A/C today too. Thanks for the help.