• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas Lines

Bdhand

Contributor
What is the choice for gas lines these days? Doing a frame off restoration and I need some ideas for the new gas line. Mine is a 1966. I noticed the dealers sell the flexible stainless steel lines but I cant seem to find hard lines pre bent. What are your guys thoughts.

Thanks,
Brent

Digger556

My preference is SS hard lines. The best route is to buy a coil of SS tubing and a tubing straightener. Then you can form your own lines to suit your needs. This would also apply to brake lines while you're in there.
47456746222_4b29282ee8_o.jpg

Mastercool makes a killer hydraulic flaring kit for forming the fittings at the ends.
https://www.amazon.com/MASTERCOOL-72475-PRC-Universal-Hydraulic-Flaring/dp/B01NCYKQSN
81KtNZMeZzL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

suckerpunched

bend them up yourself from straight steel lines you can buy at NAPA or similar stores. I have never used stainless lines, they are probably nice but I have the flaring tool for steel lines and have always success with them.

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
I'm using nickle copper tubing. I'm spraying it with a matte finish clear coat just to preserve it. It forms easier than stainless steel and doesn't rust as easy as steel.
sum-220219-25_ml.jpg

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I like SS and have literally plumbed miles of it connecting Swagelok fittings together, but it can be a pain to work with.

Next project gets Cu-Ni tubing, wasn't really an option for the previous project.

Plastic fuel line from Dorman
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-18538-800-072.aspx

or plastic Air brake line and push lock fittings
If you go this route a crucial thing that gets over-looked about using Push-to-Connect fittings in fuel supply systems is to specifically buy "wash-down" fittings. They are usually nickel plated and more importantly they use Viton o-rings. Generic Push-to-Connect fittings use butyl-nitrile rubber o-rings, which modern fuel components degrade over time just like the lower priced fuel hose.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I'm using this on my rebuild: OE Zinc Automotive Steel Brake Fuel Transmission Line Tubing

www://amazon.com/gp/product/B01C4RQWTE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Jeff's Bronco Graveyard is where I bought them for a 66' u15 last year

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
“Push-to-Connect fittings in fuel supply systems is to specifically buy "wash-down" fittings”

Where do I find these ? Thanks

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
OP
OP
Bdhand

Bdhand

Contributor
Anybody got any pics of the fuel lines installed with the body off. Did you put an inline filter on th frame and one up by the motor??

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Interesting that the only ref to what those seals are made out of says NBR. I'm glad that you're getting good service, but I'll stick to recommending those with Viton seals.

I do not have body-off pics, but this is how I plumbed the Bronc-up, Blue ano is supply, black ano is return. Currently carb'd, but setting it up for EFI:

i-gPdtdCt-XL.jpg

i-LZp3QrS-L.jpg

i-mwzBd8k-L.jpg

mustanggarage

Contributor
I used the ptfe lined braided lines. I won't know how well they work for a while but this is how I ran them.

Attachments

• IMG_4638.jpg
    IMG_4638.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 66