• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Gear Banger Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
City: Indianapolis
Price: $ 165

Hi Everyone,

I am selling the WH Trail Edition Gear Banger shifter. It was installed for about 10 miles and then removed.

The shifter and floor plate are in almost new condition. The boot and the the four (4) stainless steel bolts/nuts are not included in the sale. (See pics for details.)

Located in Indianapolis. Will ship for actual cost.

Thanks for looking.

Jeff

20240316_105442 1920 x 1080 res.jpg
20240316_105453 1920 x 1080 res.jpg
20240316_105507 1920 x 1080 res.jpg
Spec fr Order for Gear Banger.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Johnnyb,

It was actually after about 10 miles, which was over the course of about a year when the build kind of slowed down.

I had the shifter installed by a shop in Indiana. They said they had installed them in Broncos previously. It just didn't feel right. It was harder to shift than what I expected.

I originally thought a lot of it had to do with the transmission sitting so long during the build, or maybe that the clutch adjustment needed some tweaking.

A local transmission shop owner came by to take a look one day. His thought was that the original shifter was cut too short. He also thought that the way the base of the Gear Banger was lower than the connection on the shifter may have added to the problem with leverage.

Long story short... he installed a stock length shifter handle and the NP435 shifted great. We talked about cutting that shifter off a little higher above the tunnel and elevating the rear of the Gear Banger... I just decided I liked the way the longer shifter was working, and decided not to make another attempt with the GB.

So, that's the whole story. I have read several posts where guys love their GBs on NP435s. The shifter is in great condition and there are no defects with it. I just decided to stay the course with the longer shifter.

(I also added a pic to show the spec of the kit I ordered from Wild Horses in the original thread. It shows the 5/8" diameter shift collar dimension for the kit I bought.)

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.