• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting ready to cut fenders can't wait

71HLFCAB

Loc.
Blairsville, Ga
I am getting ready to cut the fenders on my luber. I wasn't going to, but have now decided to cut it and there is no turning back. I have bought some new parts and pieces and can't wait. I bought new 35x12.50 Goodyear MTR's and new 15" x 10" aluminum wheels, new 2" body lift with new fender flares. I even scored a hydroboost off a 92' Astro van yesterday. Will post pics in a week or so. I am kinda sad to see the fenders go, but this will be a new chapter in the life of my rig. :cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Post before Pics as well, so we can see the last shot of it as a LUBR :( LOL, gotta do what you gotta do man..

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Good luck! That was definitely the most stressful cut on my truck I made. Specially after hanging all new uncut sheetmetal and then to cut like 70% out of the side was crazy

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey halfcab, sounds like you're gonna' look bad at the next M&G!!! Be sure and save those cutouts!!! Go ahead and cut the rockers and maybe make it longer too!!!;D ;D Here's a before!!!

Attachments

• DSCN1282.JPG
    DSCN1282.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 83

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hey halfcab, sounds like you're gonna' look bad at the next M&G!!! Be sure and save those cutouts!!! Go ahead and cut the rockers and maybe make it longer too!!!;D ;D Here's a before!!!

Hey now dont be egging him on ;D
Crazy people and their stretched Broncos :-X

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
I remember cutting the fenders on blue 70 i used to have. Just sold the cuttouts last month. I hated cutting it but when i did i didnt own the trk anymore. sold it to a buddy.

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
If you plan on lifting it more move them farther to the FT as the axle likes to creep fwd when you lift it.Like NGA said save them as someone probally can use them later.