• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting ready to go Hydroboost

sk1nw4lk3r

Ok, since I rebuilt my 302, I'm not getting enough Vacuum to power the brake booster, so I'm going to go Hydroboost- this actually works pretty well since I will take the booster and put it on the 69 when I do the disc brake conversion on it.

Someone once told me when going Hydroboost to get the one for a 351W setup. I have no idea why.

Can anyone verify or shine any light as to whether this is true, and if so, why?

Thanks in advance!

KyddsPly

It gives better clearance for us that run taller valve covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The 351w option is the only one WildHorses offers now. The firewall adapter plate locates the pedal rod a little higher, so you’ll need to enlarge the hole in the firewall just a bit. The whole unit fits nicely, and the install is fairly simple.

Mark

Antman1984

I was having the same problem with low vacuum on my built 302. I installed a LEED black bandit electric vacuum pump and saved a bunch of money. It stops real good now.