• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting ready to install Duff's 3 spd. floor shifter

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
Getting ready to install the Duff's 3 speed floor shifter. I know some of you folks already have them. Anything I need to be looking out for before I begin?

70_Steve

Old Guy
I've never seen Duffs install instructions for their shifter. But the Hurst instructions have you cut a hole in the tunnel that's way bigger than you really need. Start small, and only cut what you really need to.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I went about things a little diff due to not wanting the fiberglass cover. I bought the shifter w/ metal cover from Tom's plus the shift rods were already cut for my six cylinder. Bought the offset shift handle from Duff's to match his T- case shifter. I cut the hole large so cover would just fit to give me more room for access should I need to get to the shifter again easy and screwed down with 1/4" hex head sheet metal screws. Either way, simple install, I just hate fiberglass.

Attachments

• Shifters small.jpg
    Shifters small.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 66

redneck0372

Loc.
Lebanon,OR
i have the same set up as Explorer but i have the stock t case shifter and the hurst shifter but i do have the metal cover like they all said start off with small cuts thats what i did and only cut what i needed to easy install just follow the instructions

Sweathog

Loc.
Lansing
Didn't like the fiberglass cover so I made my own. Homemade cover rocks. Careful you don't cut too deep. My best advice is to have a helper. The worst part of the install was climbing from under the truck, into the cab and back under again. With an extra set of hands the install time would have been cut in half and I would not have been sore the next day.