• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glad its not a CJ!

cdelano89

Hey guys, I am the proud new owner of a 1969 Ford Bronco out of Gainesville, FL. Im pretty excited considering I have yet to see one around here, compared to the millions of CJs the rest of the students drive.

It needs a bit of work but I am looking forward to it as I love old vechicles. This will be my dd, as my dad and I been working on a 1967 Mustang Convertible since highschool (hopefully this Bronco will take as long haha)

https://picasaweb.google.com/107701561271200693272/Apr142011#5595420152184889490

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Looks like you got a nice rig there. Is it running now or need to work start driving daily?

OP
OP
cdelano89

cdelano89

Yes sir, had to fix the Z-bar mount on the motor but other than that it runs great. From what I understand its a 302 with 289 heads, mild cam, aluminum elderbrock intake and holley 4bbl with headers and flowmaster duals.20,000 miles since motor rebuild so it runs like a champ.

It mainly needs cosmetic work more than anything else.. and tires. Not bad for paying $2500 I think?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
X2 on the nice rig and wecome to CB. Looks like you got a good deal there.Good luck with it and when the girls call it -eep don't feel bad they will know better in time.;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I know one Girl at UF that wont call it a Jeep. Good find. Looks like you got a good deal.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site. Looks like you got a good deal, you'll have that thing back in shape in no time.

OP
OP
cdelano89

cdelano89

Haha thanks, I got it just in time for a running summer project. Between my connections with welding shops and powdercoating places in Ocala, and running into NPD for final touches it should be fun.
First vechicle I owned was a 87 Bronco, which just got sold and changed into this. Such an upgrade!
I will definitely post more pictures as I do more to it, its in Ocala at my dads at the moment so waiting for the weekend to come and run on down there.

OP
OP
cdelano89

cdelano89

I know one Girl at UF that wont call it a Jeep. Good find. Looks like you got a good deal.

looks like im going to have to wait and see how many more are like that--- I hate when describing a classic bronco to a girl because "Jeep" always seems to come out. :-X

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
congrats, you're gonna love that thing. You'll find that early Broncos get into your blood, even worse than Mustangs in my case. And heeps are like a$$holes, everyone has one...

Bronco73E

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
looks like im going to have to wait and see how many more are like that--- I hate when describing a classic bronco to a girl because "Jeep" always seems to come out. :-X

It was so nice when cell phones became able to show pics so I could show people what I'm talking about ("It's an early Bronco").

Congrats on the rig, looks cool. Now you get to make the heep drivers jealous.
-73E