• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glad NC has not caught Early Bronco Fever

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It is getting close to that time of the year. Going to see the Tax man soon!! Getting some stuff together- tax value on my '66 U14 and '74 U15 $$500 per!! Nice!!! Have some others to dig out.....See attached:

Attachments

• value.jpg
    value.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 10087Little_Pig_005.jpg
    10087Little_Pig_005.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 74@50th.jpg
    74@50th.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 190

71Broncitis

Call me a pessimist I guess.

Rather than being happy they were only taxing me at an undervalued amount, I'd be pissed the state felt I owed them anything on a 51 year old vehicle that was bought and paid for long ago.

We don't have personal property tax like that here in PA, they screw us in other ways.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Call me a pessimist I guess.

Rather than being happy they were only taxing me at an undervalued amount, I'd be pissed the state felt I owed them anything on a 51 year old vehicle that was bought and paid for long ago.

We don't have personal property tax like that here in PA, they screw us in other ways.

I guess it is what you are used to- been paying vehicle tax for 36 years....... :)

71Broncitis

Yep, we're like the frog in a pot in ways we often don't even realize.

I'm used to annual state inspections, but most states don't actually do those.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I remember the state vehicle inspections back in the seventies here in Central Florida.

I remember it was awful...If you had to go on a Saturday you would be in line all day...It sucked...

Eventually they had to give it up because of the population increasing through the years. They could not figure out how to continue to do the state vehicle inspection as the amount of vehicles sort of exploded ...

I remember my Mom and Dad and myself being really happy when it went away. The naysayers proclaimed that super dangerous vehicles would fill our roads causing numerous accidents and taking lives. Their theory didn't pan out.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As long as your insurance man doesn't think that's what they're worth.

Cvcoda

Loc.
Omaha, NE
It is getting close to that time of the year. Going to see the Tax man soon!! Getting some stuff together- tax value on my '66 U14 and '74 U15 $$500 per!! Nice!!! Have some others to dig out.....See attached:

Sorry, way off topic but who makes the wheels on the '74?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
Several years ago NC placed a value on my 66 at 3k while my 74 was around $500.00. I said something to the DMV lady about the discrepancy which was a waste of time. The next year the 66 was back around $500.

Never did figure it out.

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
We have City Property Tax on our vehicles. Sucks ! But my 74 is about $25 Our 2013 Edge they are hitting me for about $450 . Va takes everything that can from you

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
In Colorado the ownership tax is part of the registration fees for plates.

Fortunately they are of the opinion that vehicles only depreciate when they get older.

trekgurl

better not be in Durham then cause they tried to screw me. I had to go down to the tax office and fight to have mine declared an antique valued at $500. I drive mine all the time and I hate that tag. Same day I was at the tax office a dude was fighting with them over the value they placed on his 71 ford long bed. It was a beater farm looking truck too.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Couldn't agree more! Love my Bronco's tax bill in NC. In fact, before the change over to the Tag office collecting fees, the local government refused my $5.00 tax every year, because they didn't collect sums that small. Tag office does... bah.