• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

go ram assist? (redneck ram)

Piglet

ive just about got myself talked into going ram assist but would like some opinions. my bronco is torn apart putting the new springs/duff radius arms/1 ton steering. come to find my steering gear box is spent. the general consensus from what ive searched is west texas offroad is the place to send it for a rebuild. now i find myself with a case of the "may as wells". since im already sending my gear to them to have it rebuilt, i may as well have them tap it and get their redneck ram set up at the same time. how many people are already using this set up? pros? cons? thanks in advance.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
when I had them rebuild mine, I had them add a port for ram assist. I still just have it plugged for now. are you saying they have ram assist as well??:? I know WH sells them.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My friend runs a RNR on his '78 Bronco with 43" TSL SX's...works great. Easily one of the best mods he's made to his truck from a driveability perspective IMO. Regardless, even if you choose not to install ram-assist at this time, I would get the box ported to give you the option to easily add it later.

OP
OP
Piglet

Piglet

thanks Apogee. got the box pulled off last night, gonna try to get it shipped out tomorrow.