• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Going Rate for a 9 inch

edgeoffroad04

Bronco Brothers,

What's the going rate for a small bearing 9inch housing complete with drum brakes, brake lines and stock axle shafts along with a separate(right now) 3rd member with 4.10 gears and no Yoke.

Am I better off parting out/sell the housing and 3rd member separate or putting the 3rd member back in and selling it as 1 unit?

Thanks for the feedback!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
my preference leave out the 3rd member for inspection. incomplete going to be a tougher sell. I would at least try and get a yolk. complete no locker, I would look for 600 bucks.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
my preference leave out the 3rd member for inspection. incomplete going to be a tougher sell. I would at least try and get a yolk. complete no locker, I would look for 600 bucks.

"on a good day", definitely complete is better. Now if it was a dana 44..... GLWS

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Lots of non EB guys want them for rat rods and hot rods. There is a bigger market for them than you might think.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The 4.10 limited slip 3rd member has a pretty wide market, even in 28 spline. The lack of a yoke really hurts the value. Most want it complete so it is ready to drop in and not have to fix it first.

The small banjo, small bearing housing has almost no value in the Bronco world. It is want everyone wants to upgrade from. The 28 spline axles are good for those who have stock parts and want trail spares

bigjhoov

nobody
I can usually get $450 for a complete 9" from hot rod crowd around here. The 4.10 is going to be the hard sell as they prefer 3.50 or so gears.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
what do you do for shipping strap it to a foam pallet and launch it from shore in the right direction? surprised you could even find a Lincoln 9" on the islands.