• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

gonna be installing a EZ12 harness, need some connector info please

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
just as the title says, gonna install a ez12 harness in this '69-70 bronco, after much help from viperwolf the other day on the steering column wiring...ive decided the rest of the stock harness is junk.

instead of cut and splicing the wires to the original connectors(ie. stock wiper,ignition,headlight) i would like to just remove the pins from the back of these connectors and put the correct spade terminals on the wires and reinstall them in the connectors...for a cleaner look and function.

if any of you know what the spade terminals are for the switch please let me know.

i wont be using the stock hazard switch(new ididit column) thanks,Chuck

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Thanks but not looking for diagrams. Trying to find replacement terminals for the wiring sockets that go to the wiper, ignition,and headlight switches

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

DaveLev

Oops my bad. The wiring kit you bought should have come with them...my last two did (different companies than yours). Ask them first, perhaps.

512cadillac

I did exactly what you want to do when I wired my Bronco. I used the EZ mini panel and ran the wires and new connectors to the factory ford plugs were possible. I also used a "weather pac" connector kit for connections that might get wet. If you search the web you will find vendors that have the "Packard" connectors that will let you unpin the ford plugs and run your new wires/connectors into the ford plugs. John

DaveLev

I keep hearing great things about Centech (SP?) harnesses from many people. Sure they use GM-style connectors, but you can replace those at any parts store.